Thursday, September 8, 2011

I don't have a stress fracture!

I've been distraught for the past few days because I thought I might have a stress fracture. That would, of course, mean I wouldn't be able to run the marathon.

But my foot felt a lot better yesterday, and almost totally fine today. I was able to do my 5-mile run this morning. I have concluded that it was some sort of irritation caused by the brand new (not broken-in) shoes I used on my 19-mile run this weekend. Good thing they were at least the same model I've been using for my long runs.... if that weren't the case, things could have been worse.

Speaking of my run this morning... I guess it was 5.1 miles, but I ran inexplicably slow. Absolutely weird; I felt like I was cruising, it was great and I thought I was going to make great time... But I ended up around 42 minutes. Not horrible, but not what I expected.

The past few days have been great... Waking up at 6 a.m. to run. Being outside at sunrise is incredible, and now that's not only relegated to my weekend long runs.

Pace: 8:14

No comments:

Post a Comment