Saturday, June 11, 2011

8 Miles - 1:07:49

Today was an 8-mile run. Just between you and me, that's the longest I've ever run in my life. (26.2 miles? Yeah, I'm not afraid.) And it went great. I credit this to the amazing weather (it was about 60ish, overcast and a little misty... my perfect running weather), and also to my iPod: My awesome Sennheiser headphones went in to get fixed and are currently on backorder (for another month), so the other day I broke down and bought a new iPod Shuffle for running. Incidentally, the iPod was cheaper than just buying a new pair of headphones...

Anyway, the run went great, like I said. I could have kept going forever. I took it easy, running for 9 minutes then walking one minute and repeating, and I never had to take a walking break when it wasn't time. No major cramps. It was a piece of cake. (I guess I could have gone a little faster... But I wasn't sure if I could have even finished the 8 miles then :P.)

My only complaint right now is my stupid toenails. They've been troubling me with their nasty ingrownness since I was little. I had surgery on the big toes, but never any of the little ones, but now I'm beginning to think that I should have. Too late now, though; there's no way I'm getting surgery until after the marathon.

Let's hope that October 9 is overcast and mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment