Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Awful

So 20:30 went out the window. I finished the 5K in 22:40, which wouldn't have been horrible for me a few months ago, but I haven't run 3 miles that slow in a while, even when I was running slow. It makes me wonder whether I've really been running accurate distances this whole time... especially considering that I should run faster during a race than on my own.

I got over it, though, when I realized that I really don't think I could have done any better. I felt kind of nauseous from the start and I thought I was going to puke my brains out around mile 2.5, but I kept going. I think I walked for 2 minutes total. There was a big awful hill to go up. Well, there was another big hill to descend, which theoretically should have been easier than going up a hill, but it wasn't.

I think I started out too fast... My first mile was 6:18. When I hit the second mile I was at 13 or 14 minutes. The third one took a lot longer...

Anyway, I finished 133rd overall (out of 700-something people) and 13th in my age group. Not sure how many in M20-24 were running, but I don't think there were really that many. Guess everyone was running a little slower today...

No comments:

Post a Comment