Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot 11-mile run

It was forecast to be a bazillion degrees today so I decided to run early before it heated up. Well, it was still hot. I was paranoid about overheating so I walked two minutes every 10 instead of one and I made sure I drank plenty of water.... also I ran very slowly.

The run was fine, but it got tough toward the end. The last mile, running back toward Marquette, was pretty much all uphill, and my legs were stiff. I had to alternate running and walking every minute because I couldn't get myself to keep running that long.

When I got back home, I was literally soaked. I could wring my shorts out because there was so much sweat in them.

Drank a ton of water and fueled up with comida and then went to the beach 8).

So there we go... 11 miles, the farthest I've ever run (again).

Pace: 10:05

No comments:

Post a Comment