Saturday, July 23, 2011

Phew 14 Miles

Today's long run was another opportunity for me to run farther than I'd ever run before. The last one was a 12-miler the night before I went to New York, which I did in old shoes, resulting in a sufficiently effed-up ankle. But now it's practically better. (We'll see if that's still true after the endorphins wear off.)

it went pretty well overall... My legs started feeling stiff around mile 9 or 10 but I wasn't having that. I got a little boost of energy a bit after mile 10 when I sucked down an energy gel that made my brain tingle. Oooooh. And then I was pretty gassed when I got to mile 12.

Just kidding.

I convinced myself, and I carried on. By the last mile my brain was tingling again. Oh and then I got mad at a car for running a red light downtown like an idiot, and then I forgot about it 20 seconds later until just now.

I finished in 2:08:30. Pretty much that was my goal. I thought I'd come in a little faster but that didn't happen.

Then I took an ice-cold shower, and now I'm at Broken Yolk. Need to rebuild all my muscle fibers before Tough Mudder tomorrow.

Pace: 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment