Thursday, July 14, 2011

Storm the Bastille 5K

Stormed the Bastille tonight to kick off Bastille Days in downtown Milwaukee.

I ran for the first time without any music, and I really didn't miss it. There were people shouting "You're so beautiful!" and "Look at Timmy! Oh, look at Timmy!" (I suspect they weren't talking to me in either case...)

The only thing is I don't know how long it took me to run... I hit Start on my stopwatch as the race began, but then after what felt like a few minutes of running I looked down at my watch and saw it stalled at 1.14 seconds. Although I suppose it's possible that I ran several blocks in less than two seconds, it's not likely. I started the clock for real then, and I finished the race in a little over "19 minutes."

Anyway, the race was a lot of run. Lots of neat costumes, and it was awesome running around downtown and the Third Ward at night, and on the streets no less. Also I loved the feeling of telling all the stoplights to bite me as I ran through reds and oranges.

After the race we walked around for a while looking for macarons but apparently they didn't have any, QQ. So we got beignets instead (are they even French?) and lemonade.

Now I am hungry.

Pace: Around 7

No comments:

Post a Comment