Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hottest Day in Recorded History

I think today in Milwaukee could give Death Valley a run for its money. I guess having no A/C at the house doesn't help matters.

Anyway, I wasn't about to let a little sunshine spoil my running schedule, so I decided to run my seven miles today. Don't worry, though; I took a lot of precautions. Perhaps too many. (Maybe that's not possible.) Anyway, I started out with two bottles of ice (one of iced Gatorade). I drank the Gatorade and used the other bottle to dump freezing water on my head as I ran. Also, instead of walking for one minute every 10, I walked one every 7.  And a little bit more as my body refused to run.

It went fine. My pace was nothing to be proud of, but that happens when my body has to dedicate most of its resources to not overheating... After all, it's still 100 degrees out, and it's theoretically a few degrees cooler now than it was when I started my run. Anyway, I did 7 miles in 1:13. I think I'm starting to forget what it's like to run at a normal pace...

I should also mention the redundancy of this post's title. All history is, by definition, recorded. Okay, now on to installing OS X Lion...

Pace: 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment