Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ahoy!

Sorry for the lack of updates... I was up north with my family last week, and then this week I've been putting myself back together.

Last week was a nice break, even in running. Rather than worrying about my distances, I ran for time. I was prescribed to run 5 miles on Tuesday, 8 on Wed, 5 on Thurs and 13 on Saturday. Instead, I ran for 40 minutes on Tues and Thurs, 1:15 on Wed and 2:05 on Saturday. These are times I felt would make sure I was running sufficient mileage even if I was having a slow day. I ended up running short of all those times because I ran for half the prescribed time before turning around and following the same route home... and I was concentrating on making the second half of my run faster than the first half.

Anyhow, this week came around... I have 5 miles Tues, Wed and Thurs in preparation for the long 19-miler this Saturday morning. Tuesday went fine, but yesterday was pretty awful. I wasn't feeling very well and I just wasn't into running, so I took it really slow.

And tonight, rather than running, I'm biking to Bayshore to pick up an iPad (yes, I know) and then biking again later on an adventure. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment