Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just peaked!

Oh dear! So all my training so far led up to this day... And it's all short-distance from here (until, of course, Marathon Day). That in itself is kind of intimidating... like am I really going to be able to run 26 miles satisfactorily when I had only run a maximum of 20 miles, and 3 weeks prior at that? Well, we'll see when we get there.

So the deets. The run went really well! I ran from my apartment north to Green Tree. Yes, in Fox Point. I ran to Fox Point today. What was I thinking? Anyway, then I took it south to Lakeshore State Park and back up to Lafayette and back to my apartment. The only tough part was the beginning, really, because after I passed Capitol going north, there were no more bubblers until I returned to Capitol, meaning I had to go 8 miles or something without any water. Well, it was okay.

I love taking energy gels. I feel like some sort of space traveler or African refugee or something. Is that insensitive? Sorry. My brain is a little messed up right now. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I wasn't even in my body for about half this run today... it was really weird.

My legs are so stiff right now. I don't feel like cooking, so it's good luck that I have so much leftover pizza.

I have this song stuck in my head:


Okay, now it's time to go outside (nice and fresco) and watch the Al's Run runners.

Pace: 10:03

No comments:

Post a Comment