Wednesday, July 27, 2011

first run in the rain...

ahoy!

I'm going to North Carolina for BLTW this weekend... So I'm flying out tonight.  Because of this, I decided I had to do my 7-mile run early this morning before work.... So I dragged my body, still stiff and sore from Tough Mudder, out of bed at 6:40 this morning to gobble up a banana and get ready for a run.

Right when I stepped out the door, it started raining. Oh well, I had heard it was fun to run in the summer rain. Wen I started, I noticed my knee was a little goofy... Arg. But I couldn't cut it short or that'd throw off my schedule. I just had to stick it out.

The run was pretty tough. I was running behind some dude for a little while, which kept up my motivation, but once I was along the lake I was all on my own, and it was pouring. My shoes got soppy... I tried to distract myself by focusing on my form, counting my turnover or letting my mind wander, but those were only temporary things.

I made it 6 miles before my leg acted up... During the last mile it was finally too annoying to run. Maybe a combination of being soaked, having a messed up knee and me still being tired. Anyway, the last mile I had to walk most of the time, which threw off my avg pace. Oh well...

Pace: 9:16

No comments:

Post a Comment